Women's Only Treatment Programs
Focused on the unique needs of women struggling with drug and alcohol addiction, Canyon Crossing optimizes treatment success through outpatient recovery programs, structured transitional living, and family therapy. Our women’s only treatment program gives clients the opportunity to address gender-specific issues, build a supportive network of female friends, and express themselves more openly than they could in a co-ed environment.
Women's Only Treatment Programs
Addiction does not discriminate by gender, but there is evidence that female substance abusers face different physiological and psychological challenges than men. These include:
- Addiction progression. Women metabolize alcohol and drugs differently than men, so they become high more quickly and develop addictions sooner.
- Shame & denial. Women are caregivers by nature, so they tend to have a difficult time admitting when they need treatment. Parenting, marriage, and workplace responsibilities may also prevent them from getting help.
- The need for relationship. Having been isolated in their addiction, women are less solitary and more communal in their approach to recovery. Canyon Crossing Recovery encourages relationship building through group therapy, activity therapy, and fellowship opportunities.
Addressing the gender-specific needs of female addicts, our Prescott, AZ recovery facility provides women exiting residential rehab with a safe, transitional living situation and outpatient program. Our clients work to replace addiction behaviors with healthy patterns while healing emotionally and physically and learning to love themselves again.
Benefits of Canyon Crossing Recovery
While there are many rehabilitation options for women, our 12-step based program puts clients in the best position to achieve and sustain long-term sobriety. During your program, you will learn to:
- Address core issues like trauma or sex & love addiction
- Walk with confidence, integrity & grace
- Develop a renewed sense of independence & self-respect
- Become part of a vibrant community
- Take responsibility for your actions & decisions
- Rebuild family relationships & contribute to a healthy home atmosphere
It is recommended that clients take a break from romantic relationships during the first year of sobriety. In some cases, romantic relationships trigger the need to use, or may even become a substitute addiction. To avoid this, we encourage clients to put their energy toward making peace with themselves and pursuing physical and emotional health. This allows them to prioritize sobriety and enter into a healthy relationship when they are ready.
Contact Our Arizona Drug Rehab for Women
To learn more about our transitional living programs for women or inquire about financing for addiction treatment, call 800.651.7254 today. Located in beautiful Prescott, AZ near national parks, hiking trails, and other diversions, we encourage clients to embrace their natural surroundings through adventure therapies, horsemanship, ropes courses, spiritual retreats, and more. Our Arizona drug and alcohol rehab facility accepts most health insurance plans, and intake specialists can assist you with financing options. To submit your information online, click here to access our confidential inquiry form.